The Trafford Data Lab supports decision-making in Trafford, Greater Manchester, by revealing patterns in data through visualisation. You can find out more about us here. We provide various outputs from raw open data to visualisations as thematic profiles and interactive maps. We are also involved in various open data and data visualisation projects.
Below you can find links to recent publications by the Lab including instructive blog posts and data releases.
- Map: Explore the different geographic areas of Trafford and visualise all of our spatial datasets in one application.
- Tool: Create your own spatial data with Plotter.
- Map: Interactively explore green spaces in Trafford.
- Info: ggplot2 graphics companion published
Want to see how we produce our visualisations? This companion demonstrates the different types of visualisation that are possible with the ggplot2 package in R, providing code for each of the examples.
- Info: Demographics profiles are now available.
- Blog: Announcing our new website
We are excited to announce our new website embodying our commitment to clarity, openness and reproducibility.
- Info: Community Safety profiles are now available.
- Blog: Reducing work<ness with linked data
Introducing our pilot focussed on reducing worklessness in Greater Manchester which is part of the European Union funded OpenGovIntelligence project.
- Blog: Spatial conversions: from addresses to geoJSONs in R
Describing how to geocode address data into geoJSON spatial format using R.
- Blog: PushMePullYou - Dr Dolittle had his git workflow sorted, now we do too!
Explaining the Lab's workflow and use of Git and GitHub.
- Blog: Public health data at your fingertips
Visualising data from Public Health England's Fingertips repository.
- Blog: Developing a data visualisation style
Creating the Lab's ggplot2 theme for charts.