The Trafford Data Lab supports decision-making in Trafford, Greater Manchester, by revealing patterns in data through visualisation. You can find out more about us here. We provide various outputs from raw open data to visualisations as thematic profiles and interactive maps. We are also involved in various open data and data visualisation projects.
Below you can find links to recent publications by the Lab including instructive blog posts and data releases.
- Info: Launch of our new Ward Profiler application
The app visualises over 70 different ward level indicators in a map and linked lollipop chart.
- Info: Publication of our Interactive Graphics Companion
The Companion provides the code to create different interactive data visualisations in Vega-Lite.
- We published daily digital literacy tips for colleagues at Trafford Council during the run up to Christmas.
- Info: Launch of our interactive Crime Scanner application.
Interactively visualise street level crime and anti-social behaviour (ASB) incidents in your area using data from data.police.uk. View and export data for the last 3 years for the whole of England at Local Authority level through to Electoral Ward and LSOA where available, filtered by category.
- Tool: Leaflet accepts our Reachability plugin.
Following the release in September, the Leaflet mapping library have included our reachability plugin in their list of approved plugins.
- Project: Release of our OpenGovIntelligence applications.
A suite of three web applications have been developed as part of the OpenGovIntelligence project. The apps with accompanying documentation can be found on our dedicated project landing page. We have also published a Medium article on improving the discoverability of worklessness data to accompany this release.
- Map: Updated road casualties data interactive application.
We have released an update to our web application that allows users to explore road casualties reported in Trafford during 2017.