Accessibility Statement for Trafford Data Lab
This accessibility statement applies to the Trafford Data Lab website hosted on the trafforddatalab.io domain. The website contains links to outputs we have created which are hosted on the same domain as well as on trafforddatalab.shinyapps.io. The statement does not cover any of these outputs at the present time, but work is on-going to improve their accessibility and the statement will be updated accordingly when work is completed. Our website also contains links to outputs hosted on external websites, such as Medium, which will won't be covered by this statement.
This website is run by Trafford Data Lab, part of Trafford Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We have worked hard to ensure that the pages of this website are as accessible as possible, however we recognise that outputs linked from them may not be. As mentioned above, we are working on improving the accessibility of these and will be updating this statement to reflect the current situation. The following list of outputs linked to from this website in ordered by most accessible to least accessible:
- charticles from the Charticles page
- graphics from the Home page
- datasets from the Data page
- companions from the Learning page
- ward deprivation reports from the Indices of Deprivation 2019 page
- apps from the Home page
Problems you may encounter with some of these linked outputs are:
- difficulty navigating with a keyboard
- some images do not have a text alternative, so people using a screen reader cannot access the information. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (non-text content)
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We're always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we're not meeting accessibility requirements, please let us know either by sending an email to email@example.com or by opening an issue on GitHub (you will need to create an account but this is free for most users).
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the 'accessibility regulations'). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS)
Technical information about this website's accessibility
Trafford Data Lab is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is fully compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 2020-05-04. It was last reviewed on 2020-05-12.
This website was last tested on 2020-05-12. The test was carried out by ourselves using the following tools:
- W3C Markup Validation Service (to ensure correctly structured HTML content)
- WAVE Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool including the browser plugin for Chrome
- axe browser plugin for Chrome
- WCAG Contrast Checker
- WebAIM Contrast Checker
- WebAIM Link Contrast Checker
- VoiceOver for Mac
- Read aloud in Microsoft Edge
Testing was carried out on the following Operating Systems and browsers:
- Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS: Firefox
- macOS Mojave: Safari, Chrome, Firefox
- Windows 7: Internet Explorer (IE11), Chrome, Firefox ESR
- Windows 10: Edge
- iOS (iPhone 4, iPhone 7, iPad 2nd generation): Safari
- iPadOS (iPad 6th generation): Safari
- Android 6: Chrome
- Android 10: Firefox Focus, Chrome