Accessibility Statement for Trafford Data Lab
This accessibility statement applies to the Trafford Data Lab website and our outputs linked from it, which are hosted on the trafforddatalab.io domain. Additionally some of our apps are hosted on the trafforddatalab.shinyapps.io domain which are also covered by this statement. Our website also contains links to outputs hosted on external websites, such as Medium.com, which will not be covered by this statement.
Please note that not all of our apps are accessible at this time. A list of the apps which have undergone work to improve their accessibility is presented in the "How accessible this website is" section of this document. Work is on-going to improve the accessibility of all our apps and this statement will be updated accordingly as and when work is completed.
This website is run by Trafford Data Lab, part of Trafford Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We have worked hard to ensure that the pages of this website are as accessible as possible, however we recognise that some outputs linked from them may not be. As mentioned above, we are working on improving the accessibility of these and will be updating this statement to reflect the current situation. The following list of outputs linked to from this website is ordered by most accessible to least accessible:
- charticles from the Charticles page
- graphics from the Home page
- companions from the Learning page
- datasets from the Data page
- ward deprivation reports from the Indices of Deprivation 2019 page
- apps from the Home page
Problems you may encounter with some of these linked outputs are:
- difficulty navigating with a keyboard
- some images do not have a text alternative, so people using a screen reader cannot access the information. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (non-text content)
The following apps have undergone work to improve their accessibility (all links will open in a new window):
Work is on-going to improve the accessibility of our other apps and this list will be updated as and when work is completed.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We're always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we're not meeting accessibility requirements, please let us know either by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by opening an issue on GitHub (you will need to create an account but this is free for most users).
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the 'accessibility regulations'). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS)
Technical information about this website's accessibility
Trafford Data Lab is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is fully compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on . It was last reviewed and updated on .
This website was last tested on . The test was carried out by ourselves using the following tools:
- W3C Markup Validation Service (to ensure correctly structured HTML content)
- WAVE Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool including the browser plugin for Chrome
- axe browser plugin for Chrome
- WCAG Contrast Checker
- WebAIM Contrast Checker
- WebAIM Link Contrast Checker
- VoiceOver for Mac
- Read aloud in Microsoft Edge
Testing was carried out on the following Operating Systems and browsers:
- Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS: Firefox
- macOS Mojave: Safari, Chrome, Firefox
- Windows 7: Internet Explorer (IE11), Chrome, Firefox ESR
- Windows 10: Edge
- iOS (iPhone 4, iPhone 7, iPad 2nd generation): Safari
- iPadOS (iPad 6th generation): Safari
- Android 6: Chrome
- Android 10: Firefox Focus, Chrome