The Trafford Data Lab supports decision-making in Trafford, Greater Manchester, by revealing patterns in data through visualisation. You can find out more about us here. We provide various outputs from raw open data to visualisations as thematic profiles and interactive maps. We are also involved in various open data and data visualisation projects.
Below you can find links to recent publications by the Lab including instructive blog posts and data releases.
- Info: Open data companion published
This companion provides R code demonstrating how to retrieve and tidy open data from a number of government APIs.
- Map: Explore application updated with new datasets and a clustering option for point data.
- Info: Life expectancy profile, part of the Health category is now available.
- Info: Unemployment profile, part of the Labour Market category is now available.
- Info: Road Safety profile, part of the Transport category is now available.
- Map: Explore the different geographic areas of Trafford and visualise all of our spatial datasets in one application.
- Tool: Create your own spatial data with Plotter.
- Map: Interactively explore green spaces in Trafford.
- Info: ggplot2 graphics companion published
Want to see how we produce our visualisations? This companion demonstrates the different types of visualisation that are possible with the ggplot2 package in R, providing code for each of the examples.
- Info: Demographics profiles are now available.
- Blog: Announcing our new website
We are excited to announce our new website embodying our commitment to clarity, openness and reproducibility.